Choir Nerds

A choir I am a part of will be singing in two weeks at our lovely state capital building. After having practiced for four months, we are heading into crunch time and sang for two hours yesterday. A long time for a once-a-week singer!

Anyhow, as we were racing through songs and repeating and dissecting, we all got tired and a wee hoarse. But we sounded great. And we were cracking jokes and harassing our director (as often as possible!). Standing there I realized what it was to be a choir nerd. I know that 20 years from now I will remember that feeling of 'group' and tell my nieces and nephews the jokes that they won't get and I will laugh.

I feel as though I have earned the right to say "This one time at choir practice..."
It's official. We are choir nerds. Love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This choir director is glad that you, dear choir nerd, are having a blast. I'm looking forward to rocking the Rotunda!