Catch me I'm falling

I went for a lovely drive this weekend through some of the back roads of MI. Frankly, I got lost driving to a church retreat, but I find any drive can be lovely, even if you have no idea where you are.

I found one road that belongs in a dramatic scene in a movie when someone is declaring their ultimate desire for chocolate (or something equally important) with a long shot from the outside of the car with the trees huggin' in on the sides of the road and the leaves gently glowing yellows and oranges, and dramatic Yo Yo Ma strains playing in your head.

It made me feel like a slice of pure joy had fallen right out of God's hand and into the road in front of me. Breath taking.

1 comment:

anglouise said...

what, no pictures? I'd love to see this place...i could use that kind of serenity right now...