A reason to love the north

I have found another reason to love this northern part of the country. THE SNOW! I complain of the cold, because, well frankly, it's cold. But the snow makes the cold worth it!

It is as though the world has put on a fuzzy blanket and is curled up waiting expectantly for spring.
This shot was taken in my backyard after we got about 2 feet of snow. We (the roomies and our buddy String) had a blast digging out the drive, munching yummies and bonding.







This is String and I buried in snow. I got the joy of finding out what the term "white wash" means here in Michigander land. I owe him one!


The Girls. The snow was up to our knees and we had a blast making snow angels and shoveling and throwing snowballs. I think my arms are going to develop muscles from all of the digging we did!

3 comments:

Tennille said...

Looks like fun! :) I have been enjoying this snow as well. I also have enjoyed reading about your time in Peru. It sounds like it was an amazing experience. Thanks for sharing about it.
So when are we going to go sand sledding again? ;)

holamickey said...

NNFF -

I love it... missed you on the tube hill today!!??

Kate Lechler said...

Yeah, I should probably take over more of the shoveling, if only so that your muscles don't become SO big that my Mortal Kombat dream becomes a reality!