Jordan Day 17, June 28th



My last day on the dig today. Not my last day here in the lovely Middle East, but the last day of digging. It's been fun. I got tan, saw many days dawn, made friends that will last a lifetime. And you call this archeology!
Cecilia issued a challenge to the guys today. If they could get their field level in an hour, they got a chocolate bar. I have never seen so much dirt fly! Here are Zayeed, Bacon and Fayeez picking away.
Scottie and Sylvia found rings in their pit today. There have been such good finds this season, that rumors of a return trip next summer are flying about. Here is Scottie drawing a top plan of his square.
The girls and I went to Pizza Hut tonight to celebrate being girls. What fun to have such great friends here! Here is Amanda (cursh - not crush, but cursh...) and I early in the AM, ready for a day of hard labor. End the job with smiles!

No comments: