Paging Dr. Ama

my roommate and i have a new phrase. whenever the gossip, hoopla, idiocy and drama begins to swirl, this tiny phrase is what gets shouted out.

'Paging Dr. Ama. Paging Dr. Ama'
(say it... it makes more sense when you verbalize it...)

the tendency to be overwhelmed by the drama, by the stories i hear and live, tends to be easy for me. it's not that i want some stage production of my life, or the details of everyone's daily life broadcast about constantly, but i think there is something to it all.

i want to know. i want to be invested in others. what happens to my friends and family matters to me. the time i take to listen and respond is important. the gift of attention creates a bond of intimate connection that can never really be broken. it is in the listening, the being present for the story of someone, that you prove they matter.

and really, in all of the show, i want to know i matter to someone too.

(For God so loved me, that He sent Jesus - John 3:16 JV)

No comments: