Use your bum

Long, long ago, in a state now far, far away, I once tried snowboarding. I wound up wounding a thumb and never did go very far while standing on a snowboard despite my friends all saying how easy it was to do. I distinctly remember ending the attempt with a snowboard dangling over my head and a young man I had never met saying "Dude, that looked bad...are you OK?"

Being the glutton for punishment that I am, when the church here said there was a snow day coming up and we got to the mountains, I decided to give snowboarding another go.

And I had a blast! My friend Marie was down for the weekend and we geared up together and got an instructor for about an hour and then swoosh,crash, bang - down the hills we went.

The views were amazing.Looking down into the valley from Mt. Oahu

Looking up the mountain


The company was fabulous.Marie enjoying a break


Tuhi and I sitting in the snow

Never before has sitting on my bum been so much fun! It was a great reminder to me that even when something has at one point proven to be insane, trying it again can change the outcome. And now, if anyone ever wants to buy me a snowboard, I would be most grateful:)

No comments: