J.R.R. had it right...


One of my favorite book series made into movies is the Lord of the Rings. 

J.R.R. was a genius. 

I learned semaphore thanks to him. 

I love that the story is about the struggle we all face to fight for the good and right in our lives. Even in a dark, dark world we can find light and cling to it and fight for it. 

One of my favorite parts of the series is Gandalf fighting the Balrog. He knows what evil lurks in the mines. And when it is awoken, he chooses to defend his friends, at the risk of his life. He stands up to a fiery demon with a staff and sword. 

So what? 

Well, recently I feel like I got breathed on by a fire breathing person. And I had the choice to fight fair. I could stand my ground and fight the wrong without having one of my friends harmed.

At what cost?

I didn't risk my life. Though the pain of betrayal sits hard with me, it was others that I wanted to protect. 

So instead of choosing to share what was said, I am choosing to not allow that fiery craziness pass me. 

If only all of us would stop to think before we spread such harshness. 






No comments: