Seeing men walking as trees

So I went to the lake this weekend and in the joy is frolicking in the water, lost my glasses. Don't worry, I had help in this adventure! Jenn gets dunked. Plop. Glasses float away. Now Lake Michigan has a happy fish who can see very clearly!

At least I hope so.

So I had to drive 30 minutes to town to get new glasses as I didn't have a backup pair nor do I own contacts. I now know why little old people who can't see should never drive! It's hazardous! Someone could have been killed by my blinking and squinting alone, never mind my driving!

I felt as the blind man long ago who had his sight restored to him in two sessions. At first he saw the men walking about as trees, and then clearly. I saw everything veiled and distant. Now I see clearly. I am so dependent on my eyes and though men walking about as trees sounds fun, it really gives me a headache. Glad to be seeing clearly again.

Would that we all could see clearly, in all areas of our lives.

No comments: