Confused

I am surrounded by a mass of women.
I see them daily. I smile with them and chat with them. I eat with them and I play in the snow with them. I love these women. They are strong, creative and lovely. They surround themselves with humilty and grace and the body of Christ.These women are beautiful.
They teach me to laugh and fill Michigan (and Texas and California and Sicily) with joy and mercy. I see God in these women. I see what it means to grow. I see challenges faced with tears and determination. I see fierce passion and motivation.
And I see pain. I am surrounded by these women. Lonely women. And I ache for them. Heck, I ache with them. It seems an odd thing to be so independent, as these women are, and yet to feel a longing for a 'someone'. These women are alone, some lonely, some just sadly alone. and I wish I had that band-aid for their soul sized bullet hole. (Thank you POTUSA for that lyric)

I am also surrounded by a mass of men. I see them every day. I smell them every day. I laugh with them and at them. I cry for them and with them. I see strength and vulnerablity. I see hope and trust and love. I see what it means to fight the good fight. These men stun me with their depth and their quiet heroism. They make me remember what makes man great - His search for God. These men are beautiful.
They show fortitude and dependance on a Greater Man. They teach me to appreciate kindness and grace. I learn every day what it means to be humble and driven. I love these men. They make this world a more marvelous place.
And I see pain here too. I see the pain hiding in eyes that rise over a smile. Some are lonely, and some just dreadfully alone. Oh, for that heavenly first-aid kit...

Now if only I can get these two groups together. Can you imagine?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenniffer - well done! You inspired me and I will be blogging a spin off from yours. We have lost the art of appreciating people. I am thinking the callousness goes both directions- we aren't open sharing or receiving.
I am contemplating... I'll blog shortly.
Thank you - and thank you for seeing the beauty.

Trav'ler Jenn said...

Blush:) I am glad you liked it. Appears my career as a writer is taking off. As long as I am not slayed by some guy beaing me with snowballs. Awesome by the way!

todd-ah said...

peot, author, comedian, yowza! who are you to make me feel feelings?