What the hammer?

I just got news that my friend's dad was attacked by a man with hammer. At first I thought it was a joke...who attacks someone with hammer?

So Dad is in the hospital with fractured skull, broken nose, broken hand.

What happened? He hired a man to help him out, someone down on his luck, in need of money who, when he wasn't working, was asked to do something else and attacked viciously. He hit him repeatedly, locked him in closet and threatened to kill him should he tell anyone.

It's an insane world where a tool is used to harm, where the person helping you has become an enemy, where your house is no longer safe.

In other news, my professor was attacked on campus, in his office. By my friend of some time. You think you know people... The prof. was punched, knocked to the floor and almost strangled to death, but was rescued when the noise of the fight were answered by his wife and secretary. Go girls!

Sad when hands are used to do harm rather than help. The worst part of humanity is its inhumanity.

And now Virginia Tech. has lost 33 people with a death toll climbing. All because of a madman with a gun. People now fear guns more than madmen.

God have mercy on us all.

I am glad this world is not forever. I am glad I have a God who is bigger than pain, than rage, than anger, than hurt, than violence. He is bigger than death.


Which makes me wonder... do you know my God?

Do you know He is better than the best good, stronger than your pain, filled with love more than the oceans are filled with water?

Do you know my God?

The God who is too big to be described? The one who cries with every tear and cheers with every joy?

Get to know Him. He is too good to miss. He is Truth. He is my Life. He is the Way I choose to live.

2 comments:

wordhabit said...

amen, amen, amen. God is our only constant hope and it's hard to be okay with that sometimes coz i want people to be consistent...but God's grace still amazes...

he gives beauty for ashes, strength for fear, sadness for morning, peace for despair...

holamickey said...

NNFF -

Excellent post. I am trying to know your God - much I don't understand but what I do know is He is good! As you do - I want to spend my life telling people how good He is.
Courage -