Binder of Books

In the wonderful town of Oamaru is a fabulous section of town that is the remains of the historic shipping port that Oamaru used to house. The buildings are built in fantastic local limestone and have carved window ledges and moldings all around.

In these wonderful buildings are wonderful shops.

My favorite shop is a book bindery. I can hardly afford the wonderful handmade journals, but enjoy the high spirited chatter and am fascinated by the artistry that goes into making a book by hand.

And just down the street from the bindery is the best bookstore in Oamaru. Slightly Foxed is full of old and new books, all looking for a new home. Since I have a penchant for owning too many books, I cannot go often.


It is the smell of books, the wonder of being carried around the world (and beyond!) without leaving my chair all combined with the wonder of a well crafted word that will drag me time and again into all of the bookstores I find.

No comments: