Balderdash

It's amazing that words communicate anything. We use them in so many ways, especially in English, that they have become sort of like tissue paper. We use them, but they are of little or indistinct value to us. They are disposable.

I spent this past Saturday night with 'the girls'. This amazing conglomeration of women make this world a brighter, better place. They make my heart lighter and they point out joys that have slipped past sometimes unseen. We spent four glorious, homework free hours playing the word game Balderdash. I love words and this game is one of my favorites. The point of the whole game? To throw people off track by giving odd definitions for a word pulled from a box. Amazing how distracted we can become by the wrong definitions.

Reminds me of my life. I get so easily distracted by work, or people, or classes or Starbucks (this last option, willingly) that I forget what my real purpose in life is, what my future is all about. I lose the definition in my life and just run through a maze of options - some funny, some deceptive, some scary, some downright stupid.

And what I need is the real Word in my life. In that Word I am free, I am filled, I am satisfied. I live today knowing that tomorrow is already taken care of, that Love is present, that Hope surrounds me and that ultimately - God is my purpose.

"For me to live is Christ..." Philippians 1:21

3 comments:

anglouise said...

Profound.

You know that book we were talking about you writing? This might be a good place to start...just a thought :)

holamickey said...

anonymous... me no forget... and someday we laugh really hard together... at your expense - si esta bien contigo!!!???

Anonymous said...

Technicalities: Have you updated your blogger to be a beta blogger? I ask because I encounter some errors going between our blogs and I was wondering if that was what it was.
HMMMMM